J.K. McKee of Messianic Apologetics goes through the study questions for Ch 4 in the Messianic Beginnings workbook:
1. On what day did God rest from His work? What is the Hebrew word for this?
2. Why did God command the Israelites to keep the Sabbath?
3. What is the “sign” between God and His people? What is the significance of this sign?
4. How were the Israelites to observe the Sabbath?
5. In what context is Shabbat one of the Lord’s appointed times? Explain.
6. How is the Sabbath to be a delight?
7. What is the context of sojourners within Israel keeping the Sabbath?
8. Explain what happened when the Southern Kingdom exiles returned from Babylon in regard to the Sabbath. Why do you think the Rabbis added extra-Biblical regulations to observing Shabbat? Do you think their reasoning was justified? Why or why not?
9. Do you believe that Yeshua kept the Sabbath? Why or why not?
10. What are some blessings that those who keep the Sabbath can obtain?