J.K. McKee of Messianic Apologetics goes through the study questions for Ch 3 in the Messianic Beginnings workbook
1. What are some examples of common Christian ignorance of the Torah? Do you think this is acceptable for those who claim to study and know the Bible?
2. Do you believe knowing about the Torah is important for our faith and having a proper foundation for understanding the Apostolic Scriptures (New Testament)? Why or why not?
3. Give examples of modern societal degradation that have resulted, or can result, from not heeding the Torah’s commandments.
4. In what sense is the Torah “Teaching”? In what sense is the Torah “Law”?
5. Give some examples, based in the Torah, of how Believers are to be holy, or more specifically set-apart, from the world. How important do you believe this is?
6. Why do you think many believe that the Messiah abolished the Torah? Do you believe that “fulfill” means “abolish”? Why or why not?
7. Why do you think that many Bible teachers speak against the Torah?
8. What do you believe the correct meaning of “under the Law” is?
9. Understanding that Yeshua upheld the validity of the Torah or Law of Moses, how might we reconcile what many claim about Paul and other authors in the Apostolic Scriptures (New Testament), to His words?
10. List some specific reasons why born again Believers need the Torah.
11. What is sin, Biblically defined? What is lawlessness, Biblically defined?
12. If sin is indeed disobedience to the Torah, what things might you need to change in your life? What things do you need to pray about?
Messianic Beginnings: An Introductory Study
Messianic Beginnings: An Introductory Study has been written as a primer, following the journey of the Huey and McKee family, as evangelical Believers drawn into the Messianic movement in 1995, and learning what it meant to have a more comprehensive understanding of the ancient roots of our Biblical faith. This workbook has been mainly produced to help non-Jewish Believers have a good overview of what the Messianic movement is all about, based on our family’s experience. Since the turn of the Millennium, the Holy Spirit has prompted many more non-Jewish Believers to tangibly embrace their Hebraic Roots in the Tanach (Old Testament) Scriptures, and Jewish Roots in the faith practices of Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus Christ) and His Disciples, specially calling them into the Messianic movement. They have joined in both unity and common cause with their fellow Jewish Believers in Israel’s Messiah, as we all steadily approach Yeshua’s return!
Have you heard about the Messianic movement? Have you heard about the significance of the Torah for a Believer’s walk of faith? Do you know why you might be involved with these things? Do you need a foundational introduction to the Hebraic and Jewish Roots of our faith, and who Yeshua truly is in His Biblical and historical context? Do you want to know more about what God is doing in this hour? If you have ever asked any of these questions, then this workbook can help get you started.
This volume examines a number of areas for study and discussion, and will prompt questions for personal reflection or group exchanges in twelve easy lessons. Each chapter has study questions which will enable you to think and examine the Scriptures, and key issues as they involve components of the Messianic lifestyle and theology, often different from contemporary evangelical Protestantism. If you are unfamiliar with the Messianic movement, some of its basic beliefs and lifestyle practices, and the great potential it offers God’s people today—then Messianic Beginnings is the book for you! This is a resource that can definitely get many you started on a journey into the Messianic walk.
available in both paperback ($14.99) and eBook for Amazon Kindle ($9.99)