J.K. McKee of Messianic Apologetics goes through the study questions for Ch 6 in the Messianic Beginnings workbook:
1. What verses in the Torah does Peter quote from where the Lord says “you shall be holy for I am holy”? What is some of the context of “holiness,” knowing its Torah background?
2. What is the Hebrew term kashrut derived from?
3. What was the first commandment given to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden?
4. Describe what the forbidden fruit might have been like in light of the Hebrew word ta’avah.
5. Do you or do you not believe that there was an understanding of clean and unclean prior to the Noahdic Flood? Why or why not?
6. Do you think that the Tanach (Old Testament) meaning of “food” carries over into the Apostolic Scriptures (New Testament)? Why or why not?
7. List some of the land animals, marine creatures, and birds that people eat today which are considered unclean according to the Torah.
8. What is the interpretation of Peter’s vision of Acts 10, given by Peter himself?
9. What aspects of your diet do you think may have to change?
10. What do you think about those who defiantly oppose the dietary laws in light of Isaiah 66?
Messianic Beginnings: An Introductory Study has been written as a primer, following the journey of the Huey and McKee family, as evangelical Believers drawn into the Messianic movement in 1995, and learning what it meant to have a more comprehensive understanding of the ancient roots of our Biblical faith. This workbook has been mainly produced to help non-Jewish Believers have a good overview of what the Messianic movement is all about, based on our family’s experience. Since the turn of the Millennium, the Holy Spirit has prompted many more non-Jewish Believers to tangibly embrace their Hebraic Roots in the Tanach (Old Testament) Scriptures, and Jewish Roots in the faith practices of Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus Christ) and His Disciples, specially calling them into the Messianic movement. They have joined in both unity and common cause with their fellow Jewish Believers in Israel’s Messiah, as we all steadily approach Yeshua’s return!
Have you heard about the Messianic movement? Have you heard about the significance of the Torah for a Believer’s walk of faith? Do you know why you might be involved with these things? Do you need a foundational introduction to the Hebraic and Jewish Roots of our faith, and who Yeshua truly is in His Biblical and historical context? Do you want to know more about what God is doing in this hour? If you have ever asked any of these questions, then this workbook can help get you started.
This volume examines a number of areas for study and discussion, and will prompt questions for personal reflection or group exchanges in twelve easy lessons. Each chapter has study questions which will enable you to think and examine the Scriptures, and key issues as they involve components of the Messianic lifestyle and theology, often different from contemporary evangelical Protestantism. If you are unfamiliar with the Messianic movement, some of its basic beliefs and lifestyle practices, and the great potential it offers God’s people today—then Messianic Beginnings is the book for you! This is a resource that can definitely get many you started on a journey into the Messianic walk.
available in both paperback ($14.99) and eBook for Amazon Kindle ($9.99)